Ghana Presidential Parliamentary Elections 2016 Results Opinion Exit Poll Predictions Republic of Ghana
Ghanaian Presidential election Results 2016 Live
Counting started immediately after polls shut at 5 p.m. (1700 GMT), but with around 29,000 polling stations, official results from the country's 275 constituencies across 10 regions are not expected until Thursday.Mrs Charlotte Osei, will declare the final result
Read More: Detailed Election Results By Constituency
|Get Ghana Election Results By Region Constituency Live|
|Western Region||Greater Accra Region|
|Volta Region||Eastern Region|
|Upper West Region||Central Region|
|Upper East Region||Brong Ahafo Region|
|Northern Region||Ashanti Region|
Final Results Tally – NPP is ahead in Presidential and Parliamentary Results
According to Joy FM, (227/275 counted) – Akufo-Addo NPP – 53.41 % , Mahama NDC- 44.77%
According to Website GhanaWeb – Akufo-Addo – 54.63%, John Mahama – 43.60%
Ghana Presidential Election Results and Vote Count ( 227+ / 275 Constituencies counted)
Nana Akufo-Addo NPP
|John Dramani Mahama NDC|
|Joy FM||53.41 %||44.77%|
Read More: Detailed Presidential Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results 2016
196 seats declared till now of 275
|New Patriotic Party||NPP||125||59.02%|
|National Democratic Congress||NDC||71||40.98%|
Read More: Detailed Parliamentary Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results and Vote Count by Region
|Region||NPP Seats||NDC Seats||Other Seats||Total Seats|
|Brong Ahafo Region||15||6||0||21|
|Greater Accra Region||17||12||0||29|
|Upper East Region||3||11||0||14|
|Upper West Region||2||4||0||6|
Parliamentary Collation ongoing at the Odododiodoo Constituency. NDC 7182 NPP 4068
- NPP is winning New Juaben South 13413 NDC 6607
- Ayawaso North. Presidential Provisional 89 OUT OF 90 NDC – 22, 023 NPP – 14, 747
- Savelegu 61 OUT OF 95 Polling Stations Presidential Provisional NDC 7059 NPP 6268
- Asawase John Dramani Mahama leads 2602 votes Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo 1,892 votes
- Tamale Central prisons counting started @JDMahama – 44 votes against Nana Addo – 31 votes
- Pres. Provisional Results: Kwahu Mpreaso Presby Primary B NPP– 243 NDC- 53 NDP- 0
- #C110812. 756 Registered. 533 Voted. Presidential. CPP-3. NDP-1. NDC-336. PPP-5. NPP-185
- Accra Girls Secondary School Polling Station 2 NPP– 130 NDC- 68 NDP- 0 CPP- 0 PPP- 0 PNC- 0
Live Updates: Ghana Parliamentary and Presidential election Voting Live 2016
@KBAmissahArthur to vote at midday at Accra High School polling station.
- 392 prisoners are expected to cast their ballots.
- Opposition chief on his way to his home region to cast his vote. President also expected in his constituency to vote
- Voting begins at Akumajay Polling station ( Odododiodio Constituency). 769 are expected to vote.
- LA Olympia C polling station(La Dadekotopon Constituency). 580 people will be expected to vote here.
- Voting Starts at 6 am in the morning. December 7 general elections scheduled to begin at 0700 GMT.
Ghanaian general election Schedule 2016
General elections will be held in Ghana on 7 December 2016 to elect a President and Members of Parliament. They had originally been scheduled for 7 November 2016, but the date was later rejected by Parliament. This year’s parliamentary and presidential elections, like the previous ones, would be held on December 7.
Ghana Elections Opinion Poll
- Ben Ephson's opinion polls indicate that the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) will win the majority of the 275 seats.
- According to the latest Opinion Poll Mahama's National Democratic Congress is ahead of New Patriotic Party.
- Latest Poll on 5 December by Restart International shows Mahama getting 54.7%
Ghanaian general election Details 2016
- The president is elected using the two-round system, whilst the 275 members of Parliament will be elected in single-member constituencies using first-past-the-post voting.
- Eligible voters must be Ghanaian citizens who are at least 18 years old, although those declared insane are disenfranchised. Parliamentary candidates must be Ghanaian citizens at least 21 years old, and either be resident in their constituency or have lived there for at least five of the ten years prior to the election
Social media initiative like #GhanaDecides will track live election updates.
- On average 66% of citizens in Ghana have voted in elections since independence and new technologies are expected to increase this figure.
- Citizens can also check their registration details by SMS using a shortcode established by Ghana's Electoral Commission.
Description of government structure of Ghana:
- Chief of State: President John Dramani MAHAMA
- Head of Government: President John Dramani MAHAMA
- Assembly: Ghana has a unicameral Parliament with 275 seats.
|Potential presidential candidates|
|Convention People's Party||National Democratic Congress||New Patriotic Party||National Democratic Party|
|Ivor Greenstreet||John Dramani Mahama||Nana Akufo-Addo||Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings|
|Kwesi Amissah-Arthur||Mahamudu Bawumia|