Live Ghana Presidential Elections 2016 Results Dates Opinion/Exit Poll winner Republic of Ghana
Ghanaian Presidential election Schedule 2016
General elections held in Ghana on 7 Dec 2016 to elect a President and Members of Parliament.
Ghanaian Presidential election Results 2016 Live
Final Presidential Election results have been declared by EC Charlotte Osei. Akufo-Addo has been declared as winner with 53.85%.
Read More: Detailed Election Results By Constituency
|Get Ghana Election Results By Region Constituency Live|
|Western Region||Greater Accra Region|
|Volta Region||Eastern Region|
|Upper West Region||Central Region|
|Upper East Region||Brong Ahafo Region|
|Northern Region||Ashanti Region|
Final Results Tally – NPP is ahead in Presidential and Parliamentary Results
All 275 Constituencies counted. This is the final results as per Election commission of Ghana
|Nana Akufo-Addo||New Patriotic Party (NPP)||5716026||53.85|
|John Dramani Mahama||National Democratic Congress (NDC)||4713277||44.4|
|Paa Kwesi Nduom||Progressive People's Party (PPP)||105682||1|
|Ivor Greenstreet||Convention People's Party||25395||0.24|
|Edward Mahama||People's National Convention||22214||0.21|
|Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings||National Democratic Party||16878||0.16|
|Jacob Osei Yeboah||Independent||15889||0.15|
Read More: Detailed Presidential Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results 2016
237 seats declared till now of 275
|New Patriotic Party||NPP||153|
|National Democratic Congress||NDC||84|
Read More: Detailed Parliamentary Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results and Vote Count by Region
|Region||NPP Seats||NDC Seats||Total Seats|
|Brong Ahafo Region||19||9||28|
|Greater Accra Region||18||12||30|
|Upper East Region||3||12||15|
|Upper West Region||4||4||8|
Provisional results: Alban Bagbin, Oppong-Nkrumah and Afenyo Markin win
- Vote counting is ongoing and later results will be transferred to Collation Centres for collation.
- From NPP Centre: 17,559 polling station results, 60.68%, with 11,508 remaining (39.33%).
- Nana Akufo-Addo has 55.70%, representing 3,589,131 votes.
- John Mahama has 2,762,548, or 42.68%.
- NPP is winning New Juaben South 13413 NDC 6607
- Ayawaso North. Presidential Provisional 89 OUT OF 90 NDC – 22, 023 NPP – 14, 747
Savelegu 61 OUT OF 95 Polling Stations Provisional NDC 7059 NPP 6268
- Provisional results from Asawase John Dramani Mahama leads with 2602 votes Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has 1,892 votes
- Tamale Central prisons counting started @JDMahama – 44 votes against Nana Addo – 31 votes
- Pres. Provisional Results: Kwahu Mpreaso Presby Primary B NPP– 243 NDC- 53 NDP- 0
- #C110812. 756 Registered. 533 Voted. Presidential. CPP-3. NDP-1. NDC-336. PPP-5. NPP-185
Live Updates: Ghana general election 2016
- If you're in the queue by 5pm, you can still vote.
- The two Nanas vote in Ghanaian electionOne is a man, the other a woman.
- A run-off will be held if neither of the 2 main candidates secures more than 50% of the votes
- Polling till 17:00 GMT results within 3 days among the 7 candidates in the presidential race.
First Lady Lordina Mahama casts her vote.
- The Presidential Candidate of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Akufo Addo casting his ballot
- Long queues at voting stations in Ghana as President John Mahama ran for a second and final term against a backdrop of an economy that has slowed sharply since he took power.
@KBAmissahArthur to vote at midday at Accra High School polling station.
392 prisoners are expected to cast their ballots.
- Opposition chief to cast his vote. President also expected in his constituency to vote.
- LA Olympia C polling station(La Dadekotopon Constituency). 580 people will vote here.
- Voting begins at Akumajay Polling station ( Odododiodio Constituency). 769 voters.
- 7 Presidential Candidates: John Dramani Mahama – NDC, Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo – NPP, Dr Paa Kwesi Ndoum – PPP,Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – CPP, Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings – NDP, Dr Edward Nasigre Mahama – PNC and Jacob Osei Yeboah – Independent Candidate.
- The voting trend in the Brong Ahafo Region, Central Region, Greater Accra Region and Western Region indicates voters here hold the key to victory for any political party.
Voting started on December 7 at 0700 GMT.
- 15,712,499 registered voters are expected to vote for seven presidential candidates and 1,158 parliamentary candidates at 28,992 polling stations nationwide on Wednesday.
- 148,000 election officials deployed and 64,000 security personnel stationed .
- Ban on sale of alcohol within 500 metres of a polling station, ban on use of mortorbikes within 400 metres of a polling station.
- Also, bags, purses, pens, mobile phones, food and drinks are disallowed
- Over 400 foreign observers and over 12,000 local observers will actively monitor the process.
- If no candidate gets more than 50 percent of the vote Wednesday, then the two leading candidates will go forward to a runoff election on Dec. 28.
- Ghanaians will also be casting their vote to decide who will take up the parliament’s 275 seats.Ben Ephson's opinion polls indicate that the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) will win the majority of the 275 seats.
Facts & Figures
|Voting population 15,712,499|
|28,992 Polling Stations|
|275 Constituency Collation Centres|
|1 National Collation Centre|
|7 Presidential candidates (1 Female)|
|1,158 Parliamentary candidates (136 Females)|
Ghanaian Presidential election Details 2016
- The president is elected using the two-round system, whilst the 275 members of Parliament will be elected in single-member constituencies using first-past-the-post voting.
- Eligible voters must be Ghanaian citizens who are at least 18 years old, although those declared insane are disenfranchised. Parliamentary candidates must be Ghanaian citizens at least 21 years old, and either be resident in their constituency or have lived there for at least five of the ten years prior to the election
- Social media initiative like #GhanaDecides will track live election updates.
- On average 66% of citizens in Ghana have voted in elections since independence and new technologies are expected to increase this figure.
- Citizens can also check their registration details by SMS using a shortcode established by Ghana's Electoral Commission.
Ghana Elections Opinion Poll
According to the latest Opinion Poll Mahama's National Democratic Congress is ahead of New Patriotic Party.
Ghana Elections Results by Constituency by region
PPP – 344
Rejected – 171
2:12 – Certified Results:
Savelugu Constituency – 61 out of 95 stations
CPP – 88
NDC – 14,442
NDP – 54
PPP – 263
NPP – 8,114
PNC – 111
2:10 – Certified Results:
Saboba Constituency – 15 out of 64 stations.
NDC – 2,863
NPP – 2,935
2:09 – Certified Results:
Tain Constituency – 14 out of 123 stations.
NDC – 1,416
NPP – 2,081
CPP – 5