Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull Opinion Poll NewsPolls 2016 Approval rating
Turnbull, came to power last September, voters are upset by lack of progress bringing "jobs and growth" as promised at July's election.
The Newspoll, ( News Corp publications) Opinion Poll (Sample Size: 1629 voters)
Coaliation: 48 % (PM Malcolm Turnbull's party)
Turnbull's personal approval rating as Prime Minister
Latest : 41% (down 2 % from last poll, and 18% down this year)
However, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten failed to capitalize and his approval rating simultaneously fell a point in the polls.
According to the survey
- The prime minister will need to prioritize creating jobs and stimulating economic growth once Parliament resumes in the New Year.
- 36% of voters believe the economy should be Turnbull's top priority
- Fixing the budget is ranked as most important to 16% of voters.
- Prime minister's net satisfaction rating sits at -23 points, with satisfaction at 32 percent but dissatisfaction at 55 percent,
- Shorten's net satisfaction rating dropped two points to -17 points, six points better off than Turnbull.