Austrian presidential election Results Live 2016 Voting December Votes Candidates,Austria presidential election Result by Region
Austrian Presidential Election Schedule Date 2016
Presidential Election Date: December 4 2016.
Presidential elections were held in Austria on 24 April 2016, with a second round run-off on 22 May 2016.However, the results of the second round were annulled and a re-vote is due to take place on 4 December 2016. Austrian Legislative Elections would be held in 2018.
Austrian Presidential Election Results Live 2016
Van Der Bellen received 53.8%. – 2,472,892 Popular Votes
Norbert Hofer received 46.2% – 2,124,661 Popular Votes
Austrian Presidential Election Results 2016 by State
|Results by state|
|State||Hofer||Van der Bellen||Valid|
Austrian Presidential Election Voting Live 2016
- Austrian Green Party federal spokeswoman Eva Glawischnig-Piesczek declared victory.
- Hofer conceded defeat and said "I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Mr Van der Bellen," Freedom Party (FPOe)
- Norbert Hofer said on twitter and Facebook: "Dear friends, I would like to thank you, you have supported me magniificently and I am incredibly sad that it didn't work out, I would have liked to have taken care of our Austria, I congratulate Alexander Van der Bellen on his success and I ask all Austrians to stick together and work together, we are all Austrians, no matter which ballot box we chose. Long live our home Austria."after postal votes are counted.
- Austrian right-wing Norbert Hofer said he is not the radical
- Hofer Says he wouldn’t push for a referendum on Austria’s exit from the European Union.
- Polling places opened at 7 a.m. (6:00GMT), while others are might open in another three hours.
- The voting will end by 5 p.m. Almost 6.4 million of eligible voters can cast their ballots.
Austrian Presidential Election Opinion Polls 2016
Opinion Polls Have shown mixed trends, although majorly showing Right wing candidate Hofer winning. But the latest poll by Unique Research shows Van Der Bellen winning.
|Poll source||Sample size||
Van der Bellen
|Unique Research/ Heute/ ATV||957||49||51|
Austrian Presidential Election Details 2016
- Van der Bellen had won the final round of the election even though Hofer had emerged as the winner of the first round.
- The 72-year-old was due to be sworn in as president in a week’s time, on Friday 8 July.
- The election will now be re-run. Tentative dates are November 27, Or December 4.
Austrian Past Presidential Election Results 2010
The Austrian presidential election took place on 25 April 2010. It was the twelfth election of an Austrian head of state since 1951. The candidates were President Heinz Fischer (independent, formerly SPÖ), Barbara Rosenkranz (FPÖ) and Rudolf Gehring (CPÖ). Heinz Fischer won with just under 80% of the valid votes. Turnout was on the historic low of about 54%. Detailed 2010 Election Result Here
Austrian Past Presidential Election Results 2004
Presidential elections were held in Austria on 25 April 2004. The victorious candidate was Heinz Fischer of the opposition Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ). He defeated Benita Ferrero-Waldner, foreign minister in the ruling conservative coalition led by the Austrian People's Party (ÖVP). Detailed 2004 Election Result Here