Bosnia Herzegovina Parliamentary election 2018 exit poll results live
Bosnia and Herzegovina Parliamentary election Dates 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina Parliamentary election Date: 7 October 2018
The Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina is the bicameral legislative body of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It consists of the following two chambers.
- The House of Representatives has 42 members, elected for a four-year terms by proportional representation.
- The House of Peoples has 15 members, appointed by the parliaments of the entities: 5 members elected by the National Assembly of the Republic of Srpska (5 Serbian delegates), 5 members – by the Bosniak club of the House of Peoples of the Parliament of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (5 Bosniak delegates) and 5 members – by the Croatian club of the House of Peoples of the Parliament of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (5 Croatian delegates).
Bosnia and Herzegovina Elections Result 2018 LIVE
As concerns the BiH Presidency, the preliminary results from 43.42% polling stations indicate that Sefik Dzaferovic (SDA) won 37.97%, Zeljko Komsic (DF) won 49.47% and Milorad Dodik (SNSD) won 55.15 % for the Bosniak, Croat and Serb seats in the BiH Presidency respectively.
Electoral system of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Chairman of the Presidency is elected by plurality vote to serve a 4-year term. All members of the presidency serve 4 year terms.
- Chairman of the Council of Ministers is appointed by the presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with the approval of the parliament.
- In the In the House of Peoples (Dom Naroda) 15 members are indirectly elected by parliament to serve 4-year terms.*
- In the National House of Representatives (Predstavnicki Dom) 42 members are elected through an open-list proportional representation system to serve 4-year terms.**
* The seats are made up of 5 Bosnians, 5 Croats, and 5 Serbs. Members are elected by the Bosniak/Croat Federation s House of Representatives and the Republika Srpska s National Assembly.
** 28 seats are allocated from the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) and 14 seats from the Republika Srpska (RS). In the FBiH, 21 of the 28 deputies are elected in five multi-member constituencies. The remaining seven are elected from political party compensatory lists. In the RS, 9 of the 14 deputies are elected in three multi-member constituencies, with the remaining five elected from political party compensatory lists. There is a 3 percent threshold for entering parliament. Bosnia and Herzegovina utilizes a "zipper" style gender quota, which means that members of the "minority gender" must be equally spaced out in the party list. Parties must allocate approximately one-third of their seats to the "minority gender." Pure Seats are allocated using the pure Sainte-Lague method.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Parties and leaders
Bosnia and Herzegovina past election results
|Party of Democratic Action||274,057||27.87||9||31,658||4.88||1||305,715||18.74||10||+3|
|Alliance of Independent Social Democrats||5,842||0.59||0||249,314||38.46||6||255,156||15.64||6||–2|
|Serb Democratic Party||–||–||–||211,603||32.64||5||211,603||12.97||5||+1|
|Union for a Better Future of BiH||142,003||14.44||4||–||–||–||142,003||8.70||4||0|
|HDZ–HSS–HKDU–HSP-AS BiH–HSP HB||119,468||12.15||4||3,555||0.55||–||123,023||7.54||4||–|
|Social Democratic Party||92,906||9.45||3||15,736||2.43||–||108,642||6.66||3||–5|
|Croatian Democratic Union 1990||40,113||4.08||1||–||–||–||40,113||2.46||1||–|
|Bosnian-Herzegovinian Patriotic Party-Sefer Halilović||35,866||3.65||1||2,452||0.38||0||38,318||2.35||1||+1|
|Democratic People's Alliance||–||–||–||37,072||5.72||1||37,072||2.27||1||0|
|Party for Bosnia and Herzegovina||25,677||2.61||0||–||–||–||25,677||1.57||0||–2|
|Party of Democratic Activity||22,088||2.25||1||–||–||–||22,088||1.35||1||New|
|People's Party for Work and Betterment||12,927||1.31||0||–||–||–||12,927||0.79||0||–1|
|Serbian Progressive Party||–||–||–||11,421||1.76||0||11,421||0.70||0||0|
|Party of Justice and Trust||–||–||–||9,763||1.51||0||9,763||0.60||0||New|
|Social Democratic Union – Union for Us All||5,881||0.6||0||853||0.13||0||6,734||0.41||0||0|