Guyana National Assembly election 2016 Timeline Schedule Results Candidates Opinion/Exit Poll winner, National Assembly Result of Guyana, Guyana Assembly Election result 2016, Guyana Assembly election results 2016 Party wise Candidates Votes
The National Assembly has 65 members elected using the system of proportional representation. Twenty five are elected from the ten geographical constituencies and forty are awarded at the national level on the basis of block votes secured, using the LR-Hare Formula as prescribed by the elections Laws (Amendment) Act 15 of 2000 (Sections 11 and 12).
Guyana National Assembly election Schedule 2016-11-30 (Date not confirmed)
Population (as of May 20, 2015): 735,554
Registered Voters (as of May 18, 2015): 570,708
Description of government structure of Guyana :
- Chief of State: President David GRANGER
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Samuel HINDS
- Assembly: Guyana has a unicameral National Assembly with 65 seats.
Description of electoral system of Guyana :
- The President is indirectly elected by the National Assembly to serve a 5-year term.
- The Prime Minister is appointed by the president.
- In the National Assembly 65 members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system to serve 5-year terms.***
*** Votes are tabulated using the Hare quota. 25 seats are divided between 10 geographical constituencies and 40 seats are in one, nation-wide constituency .
Source: wikipedia & electionguide.org