Florida State Senate District 40 Election 2017 Results Live
- A special election for the position of Florida State Senate District 40 is on September 26, 2017.
- Democrat Annette Taddeo, Republican Jose Felix Diaz, and independent Christian “He-Man” Schlaerth are running in the special election.
- There was a special primary election on July 25, 2017.
- The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 31, 2017.
- Candidates for Primary Republicans were Jose Felix Diaz, Alex Diaz de la Portilla, and Lorenzo Palomares;
Candidates for Primary Democrats were Ana Rivas Logan, Steve Smith, and Annette Taddeo; and independent Christian “He-Man” Schlaerth. Smith withdrew from the race on June 6, 2017, after the Miami Herald reported that he had not been registered as a Democrat for at least a year before running, contradicting the oath he took when he filed to run.
- Also Read: Governor of Florida Rick Scott Biography Family
- The seat became vacant following the resignation of Republican Frank Artiles. Artiles resigned on April 21, 2017, following a exchange where he used a racial slur in front of two black state senators, Audrey Gibson (D) and Perry Thurston (D).
Florida State Senate District 40 2017 Primary Results
Jose Felix Diaz won the Republican primary and Annette Taddeo won the Democratic primary
Florida State Senate, District 40 Democratic Primary, 2017
|Ana Rivas Logan||29.30%||2941|
Florida State Senate, District 40 Republican Primary, 2017
|Jose Felix Diaz||57.80%||7678|
|Alex Diaz de la Portilla||25.60%||3398|
Florida State Senate District 40 election Date 2017
Florida State Senate District 40 election 2017 Voting Live
Voting for primary will take place on 26th September 2017 morning 7 am to 7 pm.
Florida State Senate District 40 Primary election Candidates
Republican – Jose Felix Diaz
Democratic – Annette Taddeo
Florida State Senate District 40 General election Opinion Poll
No opinion polls have been declared for this election till now.