Louisiana State Senate District 2 Election 2017 Results Live
Louisiana's second state senate district is vacant. It was previously represented by Democratic Senator Troy Brown.
Louisiana state senators represent an average of 116,240 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 114,589 residents. Run off is taking place today 27th May 2017.
Louisiana State Senate District 2 2017 Results Live
Edward "Ed" Price won with 62.6% vote base.
The seat became vacant following Troy Brown's (D) resignation on February 16, 2017, after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of domestic abuse.
Warren Harang III (D) and Ed Price (D) advanced past Elton M. Aubert (D), Wayne Brigalia (R), Albert Burl III (D), Shannon Comery Sr. (D), Chris Delpit (D), Jerry Jones (D), Edmond Jordan (D), Patrick Lawless (D), Thomas L. Lyons (non-partisan), Willie Massey-Favre (non-partisan), and Jamie Roussell(D) in the special election on April 29, 2017. Harang and Price will face off in the runoff election on May 27, 2017.
|Democratic||Edward "Ed" Price||62.6||9224|
|Democratic||Warren Harang III||37.4||5507|
Louisiana State Senate District 2 election Date 2017
A special election for the position of Louisiana State Senate District 2 was called for April 29, 2017. A runoff election has been called for May 27, 2017. The filing deadline for political parties to nominate their candidates to run in this election was March 17, 2017.
Louisiana State Senate District 2 election 2017 Voting Live
- qualifying period for the State Senate, 2nd Senatorial District Special Election is March 15, 16 and 17 until 4:30 p.m.;
- state senate candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours);
view a list of qualifying fees (payment must be in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; United States postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union);
- download the standard fillable qualifying form;
- the last day to register to vote in person or by mail for the State Senate, 2nd Senatorial District Special Primary Election is March 29;
- the last day to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System for the State Senate, 2ndSenatorial District Special Primary Election is April 8;
- the last day to register to vote in person or by mail for the State Senate, 2nd Senatorial District Special General Election is April 26;
Louisiana State Senate District 2 Primary election Candidates
|Democratic||Warren Harang III (advanced to runoff)||26.50%||4001|
|Democratic||Edward "Ed" Price (advanced to runoff)||22.10%||3334|
|Democratic||Elton M. Aubert||15.10%||2283|
|Democratic||Albert "Ali" Burl III||6.30%||957|
|Democratic||Shannon Comery, Sr.||2.90%||436|
|Nonpartisan||Thomas L. Lyons||2.50%||374|
Louisiana State Senate District 2 General election Opinion Poll
No opinion polls have been declared for this election till now.