St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal elections 2017 Results Live Counting Winner
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal Election 2017 Primary Dates: 29th August 2017
The 2017 St. Petersburg, Florida, mayoral election is scheduled to take place on November 7, 2017, to elect the next mayor of St. Petersburg, Florida, in a general election, with a primary election scheduled to take place earlier on August 29, 2017.
Incumbent mayor Rick Kriseman, a Democrat has opted to seek re-election. Polls indicate that his opponent will be Republican former Mayor Rick Baker (2001–2010). The election is officially non-partisan.
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal 2017 Results Live
According to opinion polls Rick Baker is ahead with 46.70% vote base and Rick Kriseman is close behind with 40.30%.
In Order to avoid the run off atleast 1 candidate needs to get the required vote Share of more than 50%. Else the run off will take place on November 7, 2017.
92% reporting completed. 400 Mail Ballots remain to be counted. Both go for Run Off since no one could get more that 50% votes. The difference of votes between Baker and Kriseman is just 4 votes as of now.
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal Primary election Candidates
- In December 2016, advocate and singer-songwriter Paul Congemi announced his bid for mayor.
- In January 2017, current incumbent mayor Rick Kriseman filed for re-election.
- In March 2017, African People's Socialist Party activist Jesse Nevel filed for election.
- In May 2017, former St. Petersburg mayor Rick Baker filed for re-election.
- In June 2017, activist Theresa Lassiter announced her bid for mayoral office.
- Anthony Cates III, a salesman,and
- Ernisa Barnwell also filed for office.
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal 2017 Voting Live
- Voting is underway for Florida Mayoral municipal elections 2017.
- Incumbent Democratic Mayor Rick Kriseman is running against former Republican Mayor Rick Baker.
- If one of the mayoral candidates gets 50 % or more of the vote, that candidate wins the seat.
- If no candidate receives a majority, the two candidates receiving the most votes will have a Nov. 7 runoff election.
- Among those registered to vote:
- 78,253 are registered as Democrats
- 47,011 are registered as Republicans
- 44,506 are registered as no party affiliation or others
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal General election Opinion Poll
|Date(s)||Sample||Margin of||Rick Kriseman||Rick Baker|
|St. Pete Polls||August 7, 2017||862||±3.3%||39.30%||45.70%|
|St. Pete Polls||August 23, 2017||1524||±2.5%||40.30%||46.70%|
St Petersburg Florida Mayoral Municipal election Date 2017
- St Petersburg Florida, Mayoral Municipal elections General election on November 7, 2017.
- A primary election on August 29, 2017.