Ghana Presidential Parliamentary Elections 2020 Results Dates Opinion/Exit Poll winner Republic of Ghana
Ghanaian general election Schedule 2020
General elections held in Ghana on 7 Dec 2020 to elect a President and Members of Parliament. This year’s parliamentary and presidential elections, like the previous ones, would be held on December 7.
Ghana Presidential Candidates 2020
|New Patriotic Party||Nana Akufo-Addo||07-Oct-20|
|National Democratic Congress||John Mahama||07-Oct-20|
|Ghana Union Movement||Christian Kwabena Andrews||07-Oct-20|
|All People's Congress||Hassan Ayariga||08-Oct-20|
|Progressive People's Party||Brigitte Dzogbenuku||08-Oct-20|
|Ghana Freedom Party||Akua Donkor||08-Oct-20|
|National Democratic Party||Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings||09-Oct-20|
|Convention People's Party||Ivor Greenstreet||09-Oct-20|
|Great Consolidated Popular Party||Henry Herbert Lartey||09-Oct-20|
Ghana Presidential Election Results 2016
Read More: Detailed Election Results By Constituency
|Get Ghana Election Results By Region Constituency Live|
|Western Region||Greater Accra Region|
|Volta Region||Eastern Region|
|Upper West Region||Central Region|
|Upper East Region||Brong Ahafo Region|
|Northern Region||Ashanti Region|
Final Results Tally – NPP is ahead in Presidential and Parliamentary Results
Ghana Final Presidential Election Results Vote Count ( All 275 Constituencies counted)
Nana Akufo-Addo declared winner.
|Nana Akufo-Addo||New Patriotic Party (NPP)||5716026||53.85|
|John Dramani Mahama||National Democratic Congress (NDC)||4713277||44.4|
Read More: Detailed Presidential Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results 2016
237 seats declared till now of 275
|New Patriotic Party||NPP||153|
|National Democratic Congress||NDC||84|
Read More: Detailed Parliamentary Election Results Here
Ghana Parliamentary Election Results and Vote Count by Region
|Region||NPP Seats||NDC Seats||Total Seats|
|Brong Ahafo Region||19||9||28|
|Greater Accra Region||18||12||30|
|Upper East Region||3||12||15|
|Upper West Region||4||4||8|
Live Updates: Ghana general election 2016
- The two Nanas vote in Ghanaian electionOne is a man, the other a woman.
@KBAmissahArthur to vote at midday at Accra High School polling station.
- 392 prisoners are expected to cast their ballots.
- Opposition chief on his way to his home region to cast his vote. President also expected in his constituency to vote
- Voting begins at Akumajay Polling station ( Odododiodio Constituency). 769 are expected to vote.
- Ghana’s electoral commission has assured the public that everything is in place for the December 7 general elections scheduled to begin at 0700 GMT.
- 15,712,499 registered voters are expected to vote for seven presidential candidates and 1,158 parliamentary candidates at 28,992 polling stations nationwide on Wednesday.
Charlotte Osei chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana said 148,000 election officials have been deployed and 64,000 security personnel have been stationed around the country to ensure security.
Among other security measures put in place on election day are the ban on sale of alcohol within 500 metres of a polling station, ban on use of mortorbikes within 400 metres of a polling station.
Also, bags, purses, pens, mobile phones, food and drinks are disallowed in the ballot screen, the EC chair emphasized.
Over 400 foreign observers and over 12,000 local observers will actively monitor the process.
If no candidate gets more than 50 percent of the vote Wednesday, then the two leading candidates will go forward to a runoff election on Dec. 28.
Ghanaians will also be casting their vote to decide who will take up the parliament’s 275 seats.Ben Ephson's opinion polls indicate that the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) will win the majority of the 275 seats.
Facts & Figures
|Voting population 15,712,499|
|28,992 Polling Stations|
|275 Constituency Collation Centres|
|1 National Collation Centre|
|7 Presidential candidates (1 Female)|
|1,158 Parliamentary candidates (136 Females)|
Ghanaian general election Details 2016
- The president is elected using the two-round system, whilst the 275 members of Parliament will be elected in single-member constituencies using first-past-the-post voting.
- Eligible voters must be Ghanaian citizens who are at least 18 years old, although those declared insane are disenfranchised. Parliamentary candidates must be Ghanaian citizens at least 21 years old, and either be resident in their constituency or have lived there for at least five of the ten years prior to the election
Social media initiative like #GhanaDecides will track live election updates.
- On average 66% of citizens in Ghana have voted in elections since independence and new technologies are expected to increase this figure.
- Citizens can also check their registration details by SMS using a shortcode established by Ghana's Electoral Commission.
Description of government structure of Ghana:
- Chief of State: President John Dramani MAHAMA
- Head of Government: President John Dramani MAHAMA
- Assembly: Ghana has a unicameral Parliament with 275 seats.
Ghana Elections Opinion Poll
According to the latest Opinion Poll Mahama's National Democratic Congress is ahead of New Patriotic Party.
|Potential presidential candidates|
|Convention People's Party||National Democratic Congress||New Patriotic Party||National Democratic Party|
|Ivor Greenstreet||John Dramani Mahama||Nana Akufo-Addo||Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings|
|Kwesi Amissah-Arthur||Mahamudu Bawumia|