Bulgaria Parliamentary election 2016 Timeline Results Candidates Opinion/Exit Poll winner, Parliamentary Result of Bulgaria, Bulgarian Election result 2016
Parliamentary elections were held in Bulgaria on 5 October 2014 to elect the 43rd National Assembly. GERB remained the largest party, winning 84 of the 240 seats with around a third of the vote. A total of eight parties won seats, the first time since the beginning of democratic elections in 1990 that more than seven parties entered parliament.Boyko Borisov then became prime minister as head of a coalition with the Reformist Bloc and with outside support from the Patriotic Front and the Alternative for Bulgarian Revival
About Bulgaria Parliamentary Election 2016
- Bulgarian Prime Minister Boiko Borisov tendered his government’s resignation in parliament on Monday after his centre-right GERB party candidate lost the presidential election to a Russia-friendly political novice backed by the opposition Socialists.
- Rumen Radev won Sunday’s presidential election by a huge margin.
- The resignation of Borisov’s minority government is likely to result in months of political uncertainty and will probably spell an early parliamentary election in the spring – further delaying reforms and scaring away investment
Bulgaria Election Schedule Dates 2016
- Parliamentary election dates have not been announced till date but after resignation of PM Boiko Borisov, snap elections are likely to place in spring.
- Acc to Professor Georgi Bliznashki, President Rosen Plevneliev can appoint an interim government but he does not have the right to dismiss the National Assembly.
Bulgaria Parliamentary Election Results 2012
|BSP – Left Bulgaria||505527||15.4||39||–45|
|Movement for Rights and Freedoms||487134||14.84||38||2|
|Bulgaria without Censorship||186938||5.69||15||New|
|Alternative for Bulgarian Revival||136223||4.15||11||New|
|New Alternative||11 583||0.35||0||0|
|Bulgarian Social Democracy||9431||0.29||0||New|
|National Movement for Stability and Progress||7917||0.24||0||New|
|Party of the Greens||7456||0.23||0||New|
|Left and the Green Party||7010||0.21||0||New|
|Social Democratic Party||5398||0.16||0||0|
|Community for New Bulgaria||4615||0.14||0||New|