Liechtenstein parliament election 2017 Results By region constituencies Schedule Candidates Opinion Exit poll
Liechtenstein parliament election 2017 Results By region constituencies Schedule Candidates Opinion Exit poll, Liechtenstein parliament election 2017 Results by party, Liechtenstein general election 2017 Updates, Liechtenstein 2017 election Winners
Liechtenstein parliament election dates 2017
Tentative Dates: 05 Feb 2017
Population (as of May 27, 2015): 37,313
Liechtenstein general election, 2017 Results
|Progressive Citizens' Party||68,673||35.2||9||–1|
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: Prince HANS ADAM II *
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Adrian HASLER
- Assembly: Liechtenstein has a unicameral Parliament (Landtag) with 25 seats.
* On August 15, 2004, Prince HANS ADAM II transferred the official duties to the Prince-Regent ALOIS, but Prince HANS ADAM II retains his title of Head of State.
Description of electoral system:
- The Prince is the hereditary head of state.
The Head of Government is appointed by the monarch. The leader of the majority party is usually chosen as Head of Government.
- In the Parliament (Landtag) 25 members are elected through an open-list proportional representation system to serve 4-year terms.***
*** There are 2 multi-member constituencies and an 8 percent threshold.
Opinion Polls Liechtenstein election 2017
No polls to show
Summary of the 3 February 2013 Liechtenstein election results
|Progressive Citizens' Party||77,644||40.0||–3.5||10||–1|