Turks Caicos Islands general election Result 2016 Live Voting candidates opinion Dates party poll
Turks Caicos Islands general election Result 2016 Dates Voting Live opinion candidates party poll
Turks and Caicos Islands general election Dates 2016
General elections will be held in Turks and Caicos Islands on 15 December 2016. Turks and Caicos Islands general election Dates 2016 is 15 December and Turks and Caicos Islands General Election Result 2016 Would be announced by 16 december. The Turks and Caicos Islands Elections Results Live by candidates, by party counting is taking place. Turks and Caicos Islands General Election Result 2016 By constituency and parties have been published and shows PDM winning with 399. Population (2016): 51,430 (2016) Area:
948 sq km) Capital City: Cockburn Town on Grand Turk
Turks Caicos Islands general election Results Live 2016 by district Constituency Candidate
- The Opposition PDM led by Sharlene Cartwright Robinson Wins.
- Sharlene Cartwright Robinson would be the first female leader in TCI history.
- Opposition People’s Democratic Movement (PDM) won 7 of the 10 constituencies.
- PDM also won 4 out of 5 at large candidates.
- Cartwright Robinson won 3024 votes whereas PNP leader Premier could get only 2234 votes.
- PDM won and would be forming the government.
|01 GRAND TURK NORTH|
|(PDA) Kwame Odinga Smith||21|
|(PDM) Derek Rolle||273|
|(PNP) George Lightbourne||305|
|02 GRAND TURK SOUTH AND SALTCAY|
|(PDA) Noel Terrence Skippings||66|
|(PDM) Edwin Astwood||399|
|(PNP) Arthur Lightbourne||276|
|(IND) Valerie Jennings||12|
|03 SOUTH CAICOS|
|(PDA) Christopher Emanuel Hall||6|
|(PDM) Keno Shamado Forbes||69)|
|(PNP) Ruth Blackman||146|
|(IND) Mc Allister Eusene Hanchell||97|
04 MIDDLE AND NORTH CAICOS
|(PDM) Ralph Higgs||262|
|(PNP) Mark Fulford||201|
|05 LEEWARD, PROVIDENCIALES|
|(PDA) Calsada Carolie Johnson||17|
|(PDM) Ezra Ringo Tyrone Taylor||286|
|(PNP) Akierra Mary Deanne Missick||374|
|06 THE BIGHT, PROVIDENCIALES|
|(PDA) Dozzlie McLom Delancy||votes|
|(PDM) George C.D. Pratt||votes|
|(PNP) Porsha Stubbs-Smith||votes|
07 CHESHIRE HALL AND RICHMOND HILL, PROVIDENCIALES
|(PDA) Charles Delancy||43|
|(PDM) Douglas Parnell||451|
|(PNP) Amanda Misick||347|
|08 BLUE HILLS, PROVIDENCIALES|
|(PDA) Ciclyn Been||37|
|(PDM) Mixmillian Goldray Ewing||366|
|(PNP) Claudine Ewing-Pratt||267|
|09 FIVE CAYS, PROVIDENCIALES|
|(PDA) Bobbie D. Chambers||15|
|(PDM) Sean Rickard Astwood||465|
|(PNP) Rachel Marshall Taylor||264|
|10 WHEELAND, PROVIDENCIALES|
|(PDM) Vaden Delroy Williams||305|
|(PNP) Dameko Canez Dean||173|
|(IND) Hudson James Parker||23|
Turks and Caicos Islands elections Details
- Head of State – Inherited monarchy with a Governor appointed by the British Monarch
- Head of Government – Chief Minister appointed by Governor
- Structure of Parliament – Unicameral Legislative Council with 19 seats
- Electoral Law – Constitution of Turks and Caicos Islands
- Constituencies – 13 single-member constituencies
- Voting System – In the Legislative Council, 13 members are elected by simple majority in single-member constituencies and 3 members are appointed by the governor, the government, and the opposition. The remaining 3 seats are reserved for the Speaker of the House, the Chief Secretary, and the Attorney General. All members serve 4-year terms.
Turks and Caicos Islands elections Political Parties
- People's Democratic Movement (PDM) Sharlene CARTWRIGHT-ROBINSON
- Progressive National Party (PNP) Rufus Washington EWING
- Progressive Democratic Alliance (PDA) Oswald SKIPPINGS
- Chief of State: Queen ELIZABETH II *
- Head of Government: Premier Rufus EWING
- Assembly: Turks and Caicos Islands has a unicameral House of Assembly with 19 seats.
* The Queen is represented by Governor Peter BECKINGHAM
- The Queen is the hereditary head of state.
- The Premier is appointed by the governor to serve a 4-year term.
- In the House of Assembly, 10 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms and 5 members are elected by plurality vote in multi-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms.***
Turks and Caicos Islands Election Results 2012
|People's Democratic Movement||Oswald Skippings||3,164||50.13||4||15,431||50.71||3||7||5|
|Progressive National Party||Rufus Ewing||2,833||44.87||6||14,764||48.52||2||8||–5|
|People's Progressive Party||Harold Charles||310||4.91||0||–||–||–||0||New|
|Source: TCI News, TCI News|