Donald Trump Swearing Ceremony President Dates 2017 Events location calender
Donald Trump Swearing Ceremony President Dates 2017
- January 20 — Inauguration of the new President and Vice President
Donald Trump Inaugration as President Details
- Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States at noon local time (5 PM GMT) on January 20, Friday, in Washington, D.C.
- The inauguration will mark the start of the 4-year term of Donald Trump, with Mike Pence as the 48th Vice President of the United States.
- Location: United States Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- Participants: Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States — Assuming office
- John Glover Roberts, Jr. Chief Justice of the United States — Administering oath
- Michael Richard Pence, 48th Vice President of the United States — Assuming office
TBD — Administering oath
- The inauguration is being planned primarily by two committees: the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies and the 2017 Presidential Inaugural Committee.
- The schedule of events is set to commence on January 19 with a wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery attended by the President-elect and Vice President-elect. A concert titled “Make America Great! Welcome Celebration” will be held at Lincoln Memorial afterwards. The following day will be the inauguration ceremony at the US Capitol, followed by the parade on Pennsylvania Avenue and the inaugural balls later on. A National Prayer Service will be held on January 21 at the Washington National Cathedral. Trump's inaugural address will be written by Stephen Miller, who was the speechwriter of most of his campaign speeches. The new President and Vice President will also attend several dinners honoring them, and there will be a ball honoring the Armed Forces and first responders.
- The inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States will mark the commencement four-year term Donald Trump as President and Mike Pence as Vice President. A public ceremony will be held on Friday, January 20, 2017, on the West Front of the United States Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.
- The inauguration theme is "Uniquely American", a phrase that highlights the inaugural ceremony as "a uniquely American expression of our Constitutional system." The theme also stresses the peaceful transition of power, and that the American people are "united behind an enduring republic." The inaugural ceremonies held in Washington, D.C. from January 17 to 21, 2017 will include concerts, the swearing-in ceremony, luncheon and parade, inaugural balls, and the interfaith inaugural prayer service. The presidential oath will be administered to Trump during his swearing-in ceremony on January 20, 2017 by Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts and the vice presidential oath of office will be administered to Pence by Associate Justice Clarence Thomas
- Barack Obama leave White House on the morning of January 20. That night, Donald Trump will take over the white house.