Georgia 6th congressional district special election Results 2017 Live By County
A special election will be held on Tuesday April 18, 2017 to determine the member of the United States House of Representatives for Georgia's 6th congressional district. Republican Incumbent Tom Price resigned from the seat following his appointment and confirmation as the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services in the Trump Administration.
In the special election, all candidates will run on one ballot. If no candidate earns 50% of the vote, a runoff election will be held on June 20, 2017 for the first- and second-place finishers
Georgia's state law requires the Governor of Georgia to call for a special election to be held at least 30 days after a vacancy. Following Price's resignation, Governor Nathan Deal called for the special election to be held on April 18, with a filing window for prospective candidates from February 13 to 15, 2017
Georgia 6th congressional district special election 2017 Results Live
- Jon Ossoff of Democrats and Karen Handel of republican go for a runoff elections on June 20, 2017.
- Since no Candidate could procure an absolute majority of 50%, top 2 candidates for a second round in a run off.
- In all #democrats 48.9% #republicans 51.0%
- DeKalb County, gave Ossoff 58.6%. 100% Counting done
- Cobb Gives 41.3% to Ossoff. 100% Counting done
- Fulton Gives 47.6% percent to Ossoff, 100% counting done.
|Jon Ossoff||Democrat Dem.||92,390||48.10%|
|Karen Handel||Republican Rep.||37,993||19.80%|
|Bob Gray||Republican Rep.||20,755||10.80%|
|Dan Moody||Republican Rep.||16,994||8.80%|
|Judson Hill||Republican Rep.||16,848||8.80%|
|Kurt Wilson||Republican Rep.||1,812||0.90%|
|David Abroms||Republican Rep.||1,637||0.90%|
|Ragin Edwards||Democrat Dem.||502||0.30%|
|Ron Slotin||Democrat Dem.||488||0.30%|
|Bruce Levell||Republican Rep.||455||0.20%|
|Mohammad Ali Bhuiyan||Republican Rep.||414||0.20%|
|Keith Grawert||Republican Rep.||414||0.20%|
|Amy Kremer||Republican Rep.||349||0.20%|
|William Llop||Republican Rep.||326||0.20%|
|Rebecca Quigg||Democrat Dem.||304||0.20%|
|Richard Keatley||Democrat Dem.||227||0.10%|
|Alexander Hernandez||Independent Ind.||121||0.10%|
|Andre Pollard||Independent Ind.||55||0.00%|
Georgia 6th congressional district special election 2017 Results Live By County
Georgia 6th congressional district special election 2017 Voting Live
- Some Computer related Voting Problems faced by Voters. Voting till 7 PM.
- If Democrats win this special election then critics might say that this shows anti Trump sentiments amongst people
If no one gets more than 50% of the vote, the top two vote-getters be it of any party will meet in a runoff on June 20. Eleven Republicans and five Democrats are running in the primary.
- Bartow County elections officials got number of phone calls and visits from voters, asking if they were allowed to vote.
Georgia’s 6th District is made up of parts of three counties — Cobb, DeKalb and Fulton
- Mr. Ossoff raised more than $8.3 million mostly from out-of-state donors.
- Early results indicate that nearly 55,000 people in the district turned out in the early voting period.
- But the district has 70 %white, 13% Blacks and 11% Asians and 13% Hispanics .Acc to reports.
Georgia 6th congressional district special election 2017 Candidates
David Abroms, businessman
Mohammad Ali Bhuiyan, economist
Keith Grawert, former USAF pilot
Bob Gray, businessman and Johns Creek City Councilman
Karen Handel, former Secretary of State of Georgia, candidate for Governor in 2010 and candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2014
Judson Hill, former State Senator
Bruce LeVell, businessman
Amy Kremer, tea party activist
William Llop, certified public accountant and candidate for GA-11 in 2012 and 2016
Dan Moody, former State Senator
Kurt Wilson, businessman
Ragin Edwards, sales senior manager
Richard Keatley, college professor and former officer in the Navy
Jon Ossoff, filmmaker and former congressional aide
Rebecca Quigg, physician
Ron Slotin, former State Senator and candidate for GA-04 in 1996
Georgia 6th congressional district special election 2017 Opinion Poll
|source||administered||size||error||Gray (R)||Handel (R)||Hill (R)||Ossoff (D)|
|ZPolitics/Clout Research (R)||April 14–15, 2017||453 LV||± 4.6%||17.00%||15.00%||10.00%||41.00%|
|Emerson College||April 13–15, 2017||324 LV||± 5.4%||15.00%||17.00%||6.00%||43.00%|
|WSB/Landmark Communications||April 12–13, 2017||500 LV||± 4.2%||9.00%||17.00%||8.00%||45.00%|
|FOX 5 Atlanta/Opinion Savvy||April 13, 2017||437 LV||± 4.6%||11.00%||21.00%||11.00%||42.00%|