26 september presidential debate schedule details moderator 2016 Venue Venue TV telecast Live, US Election Debate 2016, US First Election Debate in NewYork, When is first US Election Debate Venue, US Election Debate, US Election Debate Time, US Election Debate TV telecast live
26th September US Presidential General Election Debate first 2016, US Election Debate 2016, US First Election Debate in NewYork, When is first US Election Debate Venue, US Election Debate, US Election Debate Venue, US Election Debate TV telecast live
First presidential debate
The formats for the 90-minute debates are designed to facilitate in-depth discussion of the leading issues facing the nation.
Debate Topics “America’s Direction,” “Achieve Prosperity” “Securing America.”
Place of debate: Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m ET (The debate will air in the US at 9pm – which is 2am UK time.)
Early morning start in India--The debate will last an hour and 30 minutes, and will begin at 6:30 AM IST
Moderated by NBC's Nightly News anchor Lester Holt–"Holt is the first black journalist to moderate a presidential debate since 1992"
TV News Channel Which are covering: ABC News, C-SPAN & C-SPAN2, CBS, CBSN, CNN, Facebook Live, FOX (broadcast), FOX Business Network
Twitter: Free streams of Bloomberg’s coverage will be available on Twitter’s apps, as well as Twitter’s site; users won’t need a Twitter password to watch.
No ads— The broadcast of the debate won’t be interrupted by any commercial breaks
|Clinton's objectives||Clinton will rely on her considerable political experience, as well as her experiences during the Democratic primaries in 2016 and 2008 (when she ran against US President Obama for the Democratic nomination). She’ll try to project herself as an honest candidate – 55% of Americans don’t think she is – and try to connect emotionally with potential voters.|
|Trump's objectives||Trump has never held a public office, and has only participated in this election season’s Republican Primary debates. He’ll try to show that he’s President material, and that he can get through a ninety-minute debate with Clinton, “without losing his self-control”, the report says|
Summary of Unites States First Presidential Debate:
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump engaged in an occasionally raw series of clashes on topics from trade policy to the Iran deal to Trump’s taxes.
- The Republican candidate came out swinging on Nafta and on, he said, his Democratic rival’s failed record of public service. His most aggressive attacks had Clinton appealing to “fact checkers” instead of offering rebuttals.
- Clinton’s performance was magisterial. She slipped easily into the details of many policy areas – cyber warfare, community policing, paid family leave – that Trump could not touch.
- Clinton’s best line (apart from “whew, OK!”): “I think Donald just criticized me for preparing for this debate. And yes I did. And you know what else I prepared for? I prepared to be president. And that’s a good thing.”
- Clinton’s runner-up best line, in reply to a Trump charge that “we don’t have the money because it’s been squandered on your ideas”, was: “Maybe it’s because you haven’t paid your taxes!”
First presidential debate (September 26, 2016, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY)
- The debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate.
- The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.
All debates will be moderated by a single individual and will run from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time without commercial breaks.
- As always, the moderators alone will select the questions to be asked, which are not known to the CPD or to the candidates.
- The moderators will have the ability both to extend the segments and to ensure that the candidates have equal speaking time.
- While the focus will properly be on the candidates, the moderator will regulate the conversation so that thoughtful and substantive exchanges occur. The CPD is in discussion with technology and civic groups that will provide data to the moderators to assist them in identifying the subjects that are most important to the public.