Iran Presidential election 2017 Results Dates Opinion Poll Candidates Parties Voting Voter List 2017 Exit Polls, Past Iranian Presidential election Results, Iran Presidential Elections Results 2017 by party, Iran Cabinet Ministers list, Iran Prime Ministers List, Iran President List
Iranian presidential election schedule 2017
Presidential elections are scheduled to be held in Iran on 19 May 2017, However, they might be held earlier under exceptional circumstances, such as the deposition, resignation or death of the President. It will be the twelfth presidential election in Iran.
Iran Presidential election Voting Live 2017
- 70 % voter turnout, 40 million votes cast.
- According to the early results announced by the Interior Ministry, Rouhani had 22.7 million out of 40 million votes counted so far, Ali Asghar Ahmadi, the head of the election committee, announced on Saturday on state television. His closest rival, Ebrahim Raisi, had 15.4 million votes.
- Polls close at 23:00 PM local time, voting hours have been extended as the country has seen in previous elections, amid expectations of a high turnout.
- Iranians overseas also will vote in over 300 locations, including 55 in the U.S., where more than 1 million Iranians live.
- Some 63,500 polling stations opened at 08:00 local time (0330 GMT) Friday for long lines which had already formed around the country where more than 56 million are eligible to vote.
Iran Presidential election Results Live 2017
|Hassan Rouhani||Moderation and Development Party||22796468||56.88%|
|Ebrahim Raisi||Combatant Clergy Association||15452194||38.55%|
|Mostafa Mir-Salim||Islamic Coalition Party||455211||1.13%|
|Mostafa Hashemitaba||Executives of Construction Party||210597||0.52%|
|Blank or invalid votes||1162259||2.90%|
|Total votes cast||40076729||100.00%|
|Chahar Mahaal and Bakhtiari|
|Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad|
|Sistan and Baluchestan|
Electoral system In Iran
The President of Iran is the country's highest directly elected official, the chief of the executive branch, and the second most IMPORTANT position after the Supreme Leader. Duties are similar to heads of governments in other countries, except that the armed forces, Chief judiciary system, state television, and other key governmental organizations are under the control of the Supreme Leader of Iran. It is also an informal custom that cabinet ministers for sensitive departments like foreign relations and intelligence are coordinated with the Supreme Leader.
Iran Presedential Election 2017 Dates/Timeline/Schedule
10 April – The official registration of candidates begin at the Ministry of Interior.
14 April – The time for registration will be ended at 18:00 IRDT.
24 April – The final list of candidates will be announced by the Ministry of Interior.
27 April – Official propagation campaigns for the final candidates will begin.
17 May – End of campaigns.
19 May – Election date.
20 May – Official results will be announced by Interior Ministry.
1 August – President-elect will meet with Supreme Leader.
3 August – Inauguration of elected President.
Opinion polls for Iran Presidential Election 2017
Information and Public Opinion Solutions LLC (iPOS), based in Virginia, asked a random sample of 10,77 Iranian adults aged 18 and older about the next presidential election. The poll was conducted on 11–24 March 2016 (excluding March 20) via telephone interviews on landlines and cellular phones. The firm states with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.
|None of the above/Others||