US Elections first presidential debate schedule details moderator 2020 Venue TV telecast LivePresidential Elections 2020, US Election News September 27, 2020,
US Elections first presidential debate schedule details moderator 2020 Venue TV telecast Live
First presidential debate
The formats for the 90-minute debates are designed to facilitate in-depth discussion of the leading issues facing the nation.
Debate Topics "Trump's and Biden’s records, the Supreme Court, the coronavirus pandemic, race and violence in cities, election integrity, and the economy".
Place of debate: Samson Pavilion of the Health Education Campus (HEC) shared by Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland
Time: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 (The debate will air in the US at 9pm – which is 2am UK time.)
Early morning start in India--The debate will last an hour and 30 minutes, and will begin at 6:30 AM IST
Moderated by Chris Wallace of Fox News will moderate the first debate.
Summary of Unites States First Presidential Debate:
Summary of the debate to be published here.
Other 2 debates are scheduled to be held as per below schedule.
- 15 October in Miami, Florida
- 22 October in Nashville, Tennessee
What do opinion polls say – Is it Joe Biden or Donald Trump. Find here.
Vice presidential debate Schedule
Vice-President Mike Pence and Senator Kamala Harris will also go head-to-head:
7 October in Salt Lake City, Utah
They all take place from 21:00-22:30ET (02:00-03:30GMT), with no commercial interruptions.
First presidential debate
- The debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate.
- The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.
All debates will be moderated by a single individual and will run from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time without commercial breaks.
- As always, the moderators alone will select the questions to be asked, which are not known to the CPD or to the candidates.
- The moderators will have the ability both to extend the segments and to ensure that the candidates have equal speaking time.
- While the focus will properly be on the candidates, the moderator will regulate the conversation so that thoughtful and substantive exchanges occur. The CPD is in discussion with technology and civic groups that will provide data to the moderators to assist them in identifying the subjects that are most important to the public.