Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal Election 2017 Results Live
Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal General Election Date – 3rd October 2017
Run Off Election if required on 7th November 2017
- The 2017 Albuquerque mayoral election is a nonpartisan election, to be held on October 3, 2017, to choose the next mayor of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Richard J. Berry, the incumbent mayor, will not seek reelection. This will be the first mayoral election in Albuquerque without an incumbent candidate in twenty years. All candidates run on the same ballot. If no candidate reaches 50% of the vote, a runoff election is held between the top two finishers.
The race is non-partisan (i.e., party affiliations do not appear on the ballot). However, "although the election is nonpartisan, a candidate’s political affiliation obviously can play a role in the campaign." In order to appear on the ballot, a candidate must collect 3,000 signatures from Albuquerque registered voters and submit them to the city clerk's office.
- The maximum allowed campaign contribution that may be given to a candidate is $5,193 per person or company, which is 5% of the mayor's salary.
Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal elections 2017 Live Results
Voting has closed results to be declared very soon.
Tim Keller and Dan Lewis advanced to Run Off on 14th November 2017.
|Tim Keller i||D||36,729 votes||39% votes|
|Dan Lewis i||GOP||21,510 votes||23% votes|
|Brian Colon i||D||7,961 votes||16% votes|
|Wayne Johnson i||GOP||5,119 votes||11% votes|
|Gus Pedrotty i||D||2,468 votes||5% votes|
|Michelle Garcia Holmes i||D||2,073 votes||4% votes|
|Ricardo Chaves i||GOP||311 votes||1% votes|
|Susan Wheeler-Deichsel i||245 votes||1% votes|
Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal elections 2017 Live Voting
- Voting to start on 3rd October 2017.
- Polls will be open 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. in Albuquerque.
- In New Mexico, the city of Albuquerque is holding an election for mayor and five seats on the city council in 2017. City council districts 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are up for election. Incumbents are running for re-election in all but District 5, where incumbent Dan Lewis filed to run for mayor instead of city council.
- A general election will take place on October 3, 2017. A runoff election will take place on November 7, 2017, if no candidate receives a majority of votes in the general election.
Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal elections 2017 Candidates
- Ricardo Chaves, founder of Parking Company of America — Republican
- Brian Colón, former chairman of the Democratic Party of New Mexico — Democrat
- Michelle Garcia Holmes, former chief of staff for the Attorney General's Office, retired Albuquerque police detective — independent
- Wayne Johnson, Bernalillo County Commissioner — Republican
- Tim Keller, State Auditor — Democrat
- Dan Lewis, City Councilor — Republican
- Augustus "Gus" Pedrotty, University of New Mexico undergraduate student
- Susan Wheeler-Deichsel, co-founder of Urban ABQ, a civic group — independent
Albuquerque New Mexico Mayoral Municipal elections 2017 Opinion Poll