Dr. Hubert Minnis is a Bahamian politician, currently serving as leader of the Free National Movement and former Leader of the Opposition in the House of Assembly of the Bahamas. First elected to the legislature in the 2007 election, he succeeded Hubert Ingraham as party leader following the party's defeat in the 2012 election.
He was thrown out of his job in December 2016, and took it back the following April, after much infighting within the party
Prime Minister-elect Dr Hubert Minnis Speech
He says: “This was a long fought battle, but the victory is not mine, the victory is yours. This is the people's time and I am your servant.” Read Complete Speech here
Hubert Minnis Biography about Marriage Age Wikipedia
Prime Minister of the Bahamas
|Governor General||Dame Marguerite Pindling|
|Member of the House of Assembly of the Bahamas for Killarney|
|Born||Bain Town, Bahamas|
|Political party||Free National Movement|
Hubert Minnis Biography About Career
- Dr Hubert Minnis, M.D., was born in Bain Town to Rosalie North and Randolph Minnis.
- He was educated at Our Lady’s Primary School, Western Junior and St. Augustine College, Nassau and the University of Minnesota.
After obtaining his doctor of medicine degree from the University of the West Indies and MRCOG from London in 1985, Dr Minnis returned home and began serving the Bahamian people as a physician at the Princess Margaret Hospital. He has a special interest and dedication to the promotion of Bahamian ownership in the economy and for the redevelopment of traditional Over-the-Hill communities.
- While at Princess Margaret Hospital he served as a Consultant and Head of Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and as Deputy Chief of Staff. Dr Minnis is a former president of the Medical Association of The Bahamas, member of the Medical Council, chairman of the Hotel Corporation of The Bahamas and an associate lecturer at the University of West Indies in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Dr Minnis was first elected to parliament in May 2007 and was appointed Minister of Health.
- A Roman Catholic, Dr. Minnis is married to the former Patricia Beneby and is the father of three children.